David Bowie fans outside Earls Court, London, 1973.
audiobooks are really great esp. cause a lot of them are free. i find it so helpful to read while hearing what i’m reading, and if anyone has problems focusing while reading or anything maybe an audiobook would help you
the fetisization of interacial couples and subsequently the children of said couples is so gross
Rule #1: Always post the rules.
Rule #2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
Rule #3: Tag 11 people and link them in this post.
Rule #4: Tell them you tagged them
1. What is your favorite way to wear your hair?
My hair is really hard to deal with (It is super curly/frizzy), so I usually tie a section of it back and leave the rest down. Or I put it in braids!
2. What is one band you never ever get sick of listening to?
I’m not sure! Either Marina and the Diamonds, Nirvana, Fiona Apple, or Jeff Buckley.
3. Worst and best part of school?
The best parts are my art classes! The worst is probably my math class.
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Probably Seattle, Konstanz (Germany), or Oaxaca.
5. If you were an animal, what animal would you want to be and why?
Either something that swims or flies (It would be pretty cool to fly!). Maybe a chimp? Just so I could be around chimps all the time!
6. Can you play any instruments?
I play guitar sometimes, and I’ve tried to learn piano. But that’s it.
7. What time do you usually go to sleep?
On weekdays I usually aim for around 10:00-10:30, but sometimes it ends up being 11ish! On weekends I usually stay up really late.
8. How was your day?
It was fine! (｡◕‿◕｡) Pretty much just a normal day.
9. What does your room look like?
It’s painted turquoise-y. I have a circular chair, a closet, a bathroom and a bed. And there’s this weird nook thing between my bed and the wall.
10. Do you cook or bake? And are you good at it?
I do when I have time. I enjoy it at least!
11. Dream job?
AAAH. Probably either a painter (I’ll end up doing that no matter what though), an archaeologist, historian, or something to do with counseling or working with adopted/foster youth. Who knows!
QUESTIONS FOR YOU: (No pressure to do this if you don’t want to)
1. Do you have any pets? If not, what is your dream pet?
2. Do you like TV? If so, what are the best shows you have seen? If not, do you have any favorite movies?
3. What languages do you speak or do you want to speak?
4. Have you ever been on an adventure? What was it?
5. If you like to read, what is your favorite book? If you don’t like to read, do you have any favorite hobbies?
6. Do you know any jokes? If you do, tell one!
7. Do you play any sports, or do you follow any sport teams?
8. What is your favorite outfit? If you don’t have one, what is your dream outfit?
9. Describe a funny moment you’ve experienced! (Anything that made you laugh/was a highlight of your day)
10. Have you been to any concerts? Which ones? If you haven’t, who would you like to see live someday?
11. What are your favorite albums or songs?
an animal not wanting me petting it hurts more than any anon ever could
In 1942, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) launched an all-out “war on crime” that systematically ended up targeting Chicana/o youth. Under such conditions & despite lack of evidence on August 1942, 22 Chicanos were arrested & charged with murder in what is known as the Sleepy Lagoon Case. Forgotten in history is the fact that Chicanas were also arrested. Dora Barrios, Frances Silva, and Lorena Encinas (pictured) were initially arrested & a total of 8 Chicanas were charged by the juvenile court system with the crime of “rioting” thus declaring the girls wards of the state & sent to the Ventura School for Girls. Even after the case was dismissed & the boys freed, the girls remained in the system until they turned 21.
i love spring bc persephone gets to leave the underworld and be with her mom
The Queens, c. 1950
"Once, when we were playing at the Apollo, Holiday was working a block away at the Harlem Opera House. Some of us went over between shows to catch her, and afterwards we went backstage. I did something then, and I still don’t know if it was the right thing to do - I asked her for her autograph."